Sprouts Farmers Market opened its first small concept, 25,000-square-foot store on July 21 near Arizona State University’s West Campus, just outside Phoenix
The smaller-sized supermarket has an entirely new grocery store interior design, conceived by Thread Collaborative.
At CIP Retail, we collaborate with design studios all the time. Our manufacturing, engineering, and installation capabilities allow us to take great designs from the conceptual stage to the store without losing impact or breaking the budget.
Here is a behind-the-scenes look at some of the treatments and techniques we used to bring the store’s farm-stand heritage to life:
- The grocery store vestibule features whimsically printed wall vinyl with an overlay of dimensional lettering.
- Real-wood planking trimmed to precision is an homage to the local and regional farmers that Sprouts prides itself on partnering with to keep its communities strong.
- For much of the store department signage, we printed directly onto beadboard paneling, maple veneer plywood, and Oriented Strand Board (OSB), a material that has the look of chipped wood.
- For a flattering look on the refrigerated cases, we printed beadboard-looking graphics on magnets. We then wrapped the cases in these printed magnetic sheets
- The produce wall features fresh fruit tumbling out of crates created in varying depths, and the Sprouts letters are hollowed out on the inside to allow for the faux grass treatment.
- In some instances, hand-stenciling creates the desired effect better than printing, so that’s precisely the approach we took in the store’s dairy and health and beauty sections.
When it comes to retail store signage, there is as much of an art to the manufacturing process as there is to its design. So if you have a retail décor project, we can bring it to life. Contact us today. CIP Retail is your one-stop shop for retail décor, consultation, and signage.